Friday 24 May 2013

The Blog-o-sphere

Doesn't blogging seem to overtly pretentious?  I mean you log on and just write whatever comes into your head.  Like I am doing now.  I mean sure I could plan it but the internet is all about speed and quick 'n' cheap information.  Why plan and edit when I skip those stages altogether and jump straight to publishing.

So much navel gazing.  Every thought that flows through my head can flow onto the screen but of course, it does not.  I apply a filter because I assume/hope/like to think that someone somewhere will read this.  I don't even care what your reaction is, I just want you to have one. Interact with my text, my words, my preaching in some way, please.  Stare at my navel with me.   Though you will only see the surface because this is not the forum for my inner-self.  This is the space for who the world should see me as.

I am a committed writer.  My first novel is a third of the way done and that has been edited and refined and researched (unlike this blog post).  That is the place where I can be dark and deep and utterly immersed in writing.  I feel that a blog is just a flaccid piece of celery... no substance whatsoever but you feel like you have absorbed some nutrients.  This is just a way to keep with the times.

Which is a good point.  There are benefits to blogging: it is current, it keeps you in good writing practices, it helps to put some aspects of your life into order, it gives you a bank of memories... some blogs give you new information.  It is just hard to find and possibly harder to write a damn good blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment