Wednesday 8 May 2013

A Man's Voice

It is my personal belief that I have quite a deep voice.  Not too deep but definitely not high pitched or squeaky, a bit of a contralto.  It's quite a strong voice... maybe.  Okay, I'm skirting around the issue here.

As a receptionist (albeit not for much longer) I am on the phone quite a lot... My script is the following:

"Good morning/afternoon, Capita IT Services."

This is my stock phrase every time.  Usually followed by one of the following:

"No, sorry, you've come through to Capita.  Unfortunately I think you have the wrong number."
"You're an automated voice."
"Hold on one moment, I'll just try and put through."

Written in order of popularity.

On occasion however I get asked this:

"Is that Colin?"

or

"Is that Doug?"

Now, the hope is they have quite effeminate voices... both of them.  The concern is... I sound like a bloke.

Lucky for me, you'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment